Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Librarians are here to help students use the library and do research.
Consult with a Librarian
Students can consult with a college librarian...
in person, in the Learning Commons
by phone, call (518) 381-1235.
online, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Use our Ask Us 24/7 chat box
Librarians can help students:
- Learn about the library and what it has to offer
- Select a research topic
- Develop a research strategy, including what words to search, and what research tools to use
- Use research tools such as library databases, library catalogs, Google Scholar, etc.
- Find information in print and other formats
- Cite sources
- Avoid plagiarism
- Find and use images and other sources in a way that is respectful of copyright