Checking Out Materials
In order to check out books, DVDs, CDs, and other materials, you must show your current SCCC ID card at the front desk. You must be an enrolled student, faculty or staff member of SCCC, or have a Direct Access Program (DAP) card
from your local library, in order to check out materials.
How Much Stuff can be Checked Out, and for How Long?
Students can borrow:
- Books: up to 15 for a period of 4 weeks. After the 4 weeks have passed books can be renewed ONCE for 2 additional weeks if needed.
- DVDs: up to 3 for a period of 5 days.
- Other Media Items (VHS, CDs, etc): up to 10 for a period of 1 week.
- The library will send an overdue notice as a courtesy, but patrons are responsible for returning materials by the due date whether or not they receive a written notice.
- When materials are overdue, further borrowing privileges will be suspended.
- When materials are lost or damaged, a replacement cost plus a processing fee will be charged. Grades and transcripts will be withheld and registration for future classes will be blocked until the replacement and processing fees are paid.
Items for In-Library Use
Laptops and headphones can be borrowed for 3 hours at a time and CANNOT leave the library. Reserve materials (textbooks and others) can be used for either 2 hours or 4 hours within the library, and some are designated as overnight or weekly reserves, which may be checked out for the assigned period of time.
Unauthorized Removal of Materials
Removal of books and other materials from the College library through other than use of the normal checkout procedure is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and will be reported to campus security (SCCC Student Code, sec. B.12).
Interlibrary loan is available to currently-enrolled students, faculty and staff at SCCC. Begley Library does not interlibrary loan textbooks.