ASK US 24/7
Accessing databases from off-campus
- Go to the library's website: http://www.sunysccc.edu/library/
- Click on Find Articles
- Click on Databases A-Z or Databases by Subject
- Select the database you want to use
- If you are off-campus, enter your SCCC user ID and password when prompted. This is the same ID and password you use to access ANGEL.
Librarians know our databases inside and out. If you need help choosing or using databases, let us know.
Stop by the library anytime we are open, or chat online with a college librarian. Online chat with college librarians is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Use the widget to on the left side of this page to chat with us.
What are databases?
Databases are searchable collections of articles from magazines, newspapers, journals and more. You have access to over 79 databases (each containing thousands of articles) through Begley Library.
You can access most of the library's databases from off-campus. Enter your SCCC user name and password when prompted.
The library's web site displays the database collections in two ways.
- Databases A-Z is an alphabetical listing of all of the library's databases. If you know what database you want to use, you can easily find it on this list.
- Databases by Subject lists recommended databases for each subject area. For example, if you are doing research in chemistry, click on "Science" to go to recommended databases in the sciences.